In accordance with the orders issued by United States Government, State of Louisiana, and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, the National Safety Council Ark-La-Tex Chapter has adjusted our operations to ensure the safety of our clients and employees:
- Effective May 5, 2020, we are open for business and will be providing training classes in our Shreveport, LA facility.
- Initially, we will be open each Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. We will add additional open days as the need dictates. Check our website for additional training day updates.
- Current office hours are: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 7:30 AM until 4:00 PM (7:00 AM for BOP)
- We are reducing training seats in our classrooms and computer lab to recommended capacities to preserve social distancing. The effect of this is that we will have fewer seats available for training and will train on a first-come / first-served basis.
- All training must be scheduled through our website. We cannot accept telephone or email reservations, and walk-ins will not be accepted.
The following precautions will be followed to protect our employees and trainees during the COVID-19 Virus pandemic:
- Risk-screening for all entering the facility, including temperature check. Those with temperature readings of 100.4 or above, or displaying any symptoms associated with COVID-19 (cough, sneezing, chest pains or difficulty breathing) will not be allowed to enter the facility and will be referred back to their employer for guidance.
- In accordance with current CDC guidelines on using cloth face coverings in public, all entrants will be required to arrive with a face-mask, bandanna, or other such face covering to use during training.
- All entrants will be asked to sanitize or wash their hands upon entrance at the Safety Council facility.
- Posters in English and Spanish are located throughout our facility to encourage CDC recommendations for good hygiene.
- We are practicing social distancing through increased space between each person throughout our facility.
- We are educating our staff on COVID-19 symptoms as well as exercising preventative measures by washing their hands frequently or using hand sanitizer.
- Disinfecting training stations, keyboards, and all materials before and after each use.
Our team is continuously monitoring the CDC updates and will advise if circumstances and recommendations change. Please call us with any questions or special needs. Thank you for your patience as this very fluid situation unfolds.
National Safety Council, Ark-La-Tex Chapter (NSCALT) is a 501(c)3 association that serves the petrochemical, refinery, manufacturing and chemical industry in north Louisiana, east Texas, and south Arkansas and beyond. NSCALT’s services fall under the Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) guidelines for support of the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce. Per CISA, this includes those who support energy, food and agriculture, water and wastewater, transportation and logistics, critical manufacturing, hazardous materials, and chemicals.